Tuesday 15 December 2009

Evaluation For Radio Work - Vox-Pop

For our radio work, we were told to create a vox-pop, on the subject of the relevance of Remembrance Day in modern culture. The controversial subject would create very useful responses from interviewees, especially in Farnham, as the majority of people in the town seem to older, indicating that they would have a more insightful opinion on the topic, opposed to a younger person who may not.

In the group, I was mainly recording the interviews in the town, with the recording equipment we were given, and I also carried out one interview. Generally, I found the recording equipment easy to use, as it was just a case of pressing the record button and holding a microphone, and it was easy to set up and put away, which obviously helped the speed and efficiency of our work.

After we completed our recordings, I edited the complete file, using Adobe Audition 1.5, which I have used at various times before, in areas such as music production and radio editing. I find the program to be simple to use, which again benefitted the efficiency of the work.

I feel that the behind the scenes aspect of radio is the area which I would be best suited for, due to the fact that I enjoy editing sound, and I think my voice is not suited to radio. I think with work it could be eventually, but at them moment, I am not confident with my voice in a recorded environment.

I think that our group was very good, as we got all of the work done for this assignment well on time, and we all created, in my opinion, well edited versions of our work. We worked well as a team, especially in the recording element of the assignment, as we all took on different roles throughout, but no one was afraid to get involved. I think the only issue with our work was our interviewing techniques, as although we were not afraid to ask people questions, we may not have got the best information or quotes from them, which if this was achieved, may have largely improved the level of our work.

Despite this, I think every member of our group created a good vox-pop, and as there were no major issues or arguments, we worked well together and done pretty much as well as we could have done in the assignment.

Click here for the finished work.

No comments:

Post a Comment